Sunday, January 22, 2012

The Head & The Heart.

The Head & The Heart.........

Holy crap.
These guys are straight up prime! I saw them for the first time when Iron & Wine came through and these guys opened up for them. If I'm being 100% honest here, they were probably my favorite part of the whole show.

Now don't get me wrong, Iron & Wine was freakin amazing. I was expecting it to be him and his guitar like the first time I saw him, but he was rocking the full band and everything this time and it was every bit as good as the first time. especially when he played "Your fake name is good enough for me" and it had the crazy crescendo and everything. Whoa, that moment in time is one I would definitely go back to.

But back to The Head & The Heart.

Everything about these guys was amazing. They had great stage presence, like they were eternally grateful to be up there playing for the crowd, which I'm sure they were, but they were up there playing music just to play music. Musically they were great too, everything flowed together incredibly, and the three and sometimes four part harmonies were pretty much mindblowing. As soon as they were done I went and picked up a CD and some shirts. Anyways I dont have much time so the long and short of it is these guys are great. I love every song they've done, but I'm gonna put up just a few I think are good. Give it a listen, pretty sure you'll be happy about it.


Rivers and Roads - First song I heard and still one of my favorite. This is just a live video of them playing, still way good though.


Ghosts - Not sure what it is about this one, I just think its overall a good one, especially at the last part. This one is another live video because I cant find a regular one or one of those dumb lyric videos.


Lost In My Mind - Out of their whole CD I would probably say this one is my favorite.


So there you have it. The Head & The Heart. Easily one of the best bands I've seen live, and one of my top favorites. Go ahead and take a listen and pick up their stuff if you like it. I wouldnt even be mad about it.

Much Love,
Jes

No comments:

Post a Comment